Monday, October 21, 2013

How to investigate home based business opportunities


How To Investigate home based business Opportunities


If you are reading this post, perhaps you are in a situation similar to mine five and half years ago.


At that time, I worked as a technical recruiter for a company that paid me $28,000 per year. I had three major responsibilities and often felt overworked, overwhelmed and unsupported. I thought the way to solve these challenges was to work harder, network more and to find a better job.


I was wrong. One week after I helped some interns I had hired, I was let go.


A few...


Home based business, home business, work from home work at home, network marketing, mlm, business op


If you are reading this post, perhaps you are in a situation similar to mine five and half years ago.


At that time, I worked as a technical recruiter for a company that paid me $28,000 per year. I had three major responsibilities and often felt overworked, overwhelmed and unsupported. I thought the way to solve these challenges was to work harder, network more and to find a better job.


I was wrong. One week after I helped some interns I had hired, I was let go.


A few weeks later, I received an email inviting me to join a traditional MLM company. I listened to a few testimonials, looked at the website and then joined without doing any research or due diligence.


Although I did not accomplish my goals with that company, I have since gone on to build another business with a non-MLM company. I have accumulated knowledge about the MLM and home business industries.


Here are some tips for investigating home based business opportunities:


1. Do your homework. Get the facts by researching objective information.


2. Look for news about the company. Bad news travels fast, be careful if you find any news about complaints, investigations or questionable claims about products.


3. Ask someone you trust and respect to also evaluate the information you are looking at. Do not ask them to join with you, just to help you with your decision.


4. Make a thorough list of the apparent strengths and weaknesses of the company. Get the facts from those people who have approached you.


Here are some websites where you can get some information:


N Pros has been around for a while. You can find a lot of resources here.


You will find some distributor listings here so be cautious in your evaluation.


There are some threads in the forum about MLM companies.


There are some threads in the forum about MLM companies. You need to get a free membership to post.


Take care to sift through the editorial content.


More about scams and legal cases. You can learn about lawsuits and complaints here.


A website by Lou Abbott with a comprehensive directory and a news service on the industry


Learn more about Lou Abbott at


Get a special seven day email seminar here:


 



Recommended For You



No comments:

Post a Comment